Lewden Fuse Switch
As we all know, electricity is a vital part of any property. The electrical current and circuit in a building are not possible without a fuse box/consumer unit. And a crucial part of a fuse box device is the fuse switch/trip switch:
What is a Fuse Switch?
A fuse is a safety device in electrical engineering that’s purpose is to ensure overcurrent protection in an electrical circuit. Its internal metal wire maintains a safe level of electricity in the circuit as if too much current flows through the wire it melts. This immediately halts the flow of electricity and effectively acts as a trips switch.
What fuse switches do is protect fuses and ensure they can do their job with maximum effectiveness and efficiency. They are an essential part of electrical engineering. This is why you need to ensure you provide high-quality fuse switch to your clients as well as in your own home. But what is the best fuse switch on the market?
Lewden Fuse Switch
At DTR Electricals, our Lewden FS6380100 Fused Switch is a high-quality fuse switch ideal for your next job. But what is it that makes Lewden products the best quality available? It’s because Lewden is an industry-leading supplier that has been supplying electric equipment for over 60 years. The Lewden FS6380100 has many unique benefits that include:
- Lewden switch fuse.
- Fully rated to 100A.
- Supplied with 63A, 80A, & 100A gG European fuses and fuse holders (IEC 60269-2 Compliant).
- AC21 switching with resistive loads.
- Fully tested and compliant with BS EN 61439-3.
- Extra height and space for easier wiring.
- Large knockouts – 25mm & 32mm top and bottom.
- Earth bond to the lid.
- Strong & robust – constructed from steel.
- Easy earth terminal connection.
At DTR Electricals, we understand that the reputation of an electrician is as reliant on their materials as their skills. That is why we want to offer the best quality electrical devices available. Whether you are fitting a fuse box for a client or in your own home. A fuse switch is a key part of a fuse box/consumer unit…
What is a Fuse Box?
A fuse box consumer unit should be in an easy to access place in a home. This is because a fuse box is the electrical hub of a house and is where electricity first enters a property. As well as where the electricity is controlled and distributed across the property.
An electric fuse box is also known as a consumer unit. They contain three main devices that are crucial for how they function:
- Main Switch – Is the on/off switch for all the electrical supply in a property. It is possible to have more than one main trip switch if a house has a separate fuse box.
- Residual Current Devices (RCD) – These are the switches that will trip the electrical circuit of a property if there is any danger. Once this happens all electricity in the property is disconnected.
- Circuit Breakers – The automatic protection devices in a fuse box. Like the RCD, they also disconnect the electrical circuit if they detect a hazard. Circuit breakers are small like fuses but offer more precise protection for properties.
Contact Us Today
If our fuse switches or any of our other services or products interest you, then give us a call on 01604 981252. Or fill out the enquiry form on our contact page. Our friendly and expert team are always happy to discuss any aspect of electrical supplies with you. And will help guide you towards the right product for your requirements.